Neck Pain Treatment From West Hills Chiropractic Pain PC
West Hills Chiropractic Pain PC continues to treat patients who prefer chiropractic care in Huntington, New York for neck pain. In fact, more than half of adults in the U.S. (55%) say they are likely to see a chiropractor for significant neck or back pain. This is according to a 2018 Gallup-Palmer College of Chiropractic Annual Report. Patients like that treatment involve only non-invasive and medication-free methods. Examples include cervical adjustments and cervical spinal decompression.
Why Does Your Neck Hurt?
The neck spine is a very flexible structure that supports the head. It has seven spinal vertebrae that are held in place by muscles, tendons, and ligaments. However, the cervical spine is prone to injury and pain since it allows movement in almost every direction. Common causes of pain include muscle strain from repetitive motion or arching the neck forward for a long time, e.g., when using a computer or phone.
Other causes are tension from stress, poor posture, and sleeping in a bad position. More serious causes include neck injury or whiplash from an auto accident or playing sports, a misaligned cervical joint, or a pinched nerve. Degenerative conditions such as herniated cervical disc, arthritis, facet joint syndrome, and bone spur are other causes or risk factors.
Common Neck Pain Symptoms
The symptom that shows up will depend on the underlying cause. They can come on immediately after an injury or gradually from an underlying condition. Common symptoms include:
- Stiff neck or soreness
- Headache or dizziness
- Dull, sharp, or burning pain
- Referred pain in the shoulder or arm
- Numbness or tingling in the neck, shoulder, or arm if the nerve is pinched
Neck Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Huntington, New York
Our chiropractor will evaluate your symptoms and may X-ray the neck or do an MRI or CT scan to look for musculoskeletal injuries and degenerative conditions. Once we pinpoint the cause of your pain, we can personalize a treatment plan to address your needs. These drug-free techniques relieve acute and chronic neck pain, restore mobility, and improve nerve function.
- Spinal Adjustment – Neck adjustments or manipulation of the cervical spine help realign the neck joints and correct musculoskeletal imbalances.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – Non-surgical spinal decompression of the neck relieves pain by taking pressure off a herniated disc. It also relieves nerve compression by moving a bulging or herniated disc away from the affected nerve.
- Rehabilitative Therapies – Neck bracing, massage therapy, and corrective exercises are other natural healing options that help to improve the results of adjustments and decompression therapy.
Contact West Hills Chiropractic Pain PC
If you already explored our integrative treatment options and are ready to receive chiropractic care in Huntington, New York, call 631-659-2980. We'll get you scheduled for a consultation with our board-certified chiropractor.